Every bride wants the perfect bridal shower planned for them. The bride puts so much effort into planning the wedding and getting all of the details perfect, it’s nice for her to have a break from it all and to let those closest to her plan the bridal shower. If you’re in charge of planning a bridal shower, you will want to ensure that everything is perfect. There are so many details that go into planning a bridal shower, and the food is one of the most important details. Regardless of whether you’re serving a meal or just snacks to the guests attending the bridal shower, you’ll want to hire a professional caterer to guarantee that there is enough food for everyone, and that the food is delicious and well presented. When there’s so many details for you to figure out for the bridal shower you’re planning, a wedding caterer is the perfect person to call for help.
Why You’ll Want To Hire A Caterer For Your Bridal Shower
Whenever there’s a party, people expect food. Whether you’re throwing a morning, afternoon, or evening bridal shower, having some type of food that guests can snack on is a must. If the bridal shower is going to be on the larger side, hiring a caterer will be particularly beneficial. Most bridal showers are planned for either the mid-morning or mid-afternoon, so a full meal is not usually expected. However, you could consider serving brunch as a part of the bridal shower. Alternatively, having light snacks is what most people expect. When you hire a caterer to take care of the food, you can rest assured that you’ll have delicious food for your guests, with minimal work on your part so you can focus on perfecting all of the other details.
Additional Details To Remember For Your Bridal Shower
Hiring a caterer for the bridal shower you’re planning will allow you to put all of your time and energy into making sure the rest of the details for the bridal shower are perfect. When planning a bridal shower, keep these additional details in mind:
- Pick a date early on and make sure that it will work with the bride’s schedule, as well as other important people such as the grandmothers, mothers, and bridal party members.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from other family members and friends who are going to be a part of the wedding. While the bridal shower is usually hosted by one or two people, you can delegate certain tasks to other family members or bridal party members.
- Ask the bride for the guest list and don’t invite anyone who was not also invited to the wedding.
- Plan games that the bride and guests will enjoy without making anyone uncomfortable, i.e. some games are better left for the bachelorette party.
- Send out formal invitations about one month before the party.
- Be sure to include the bride and groom’s registry information on the bridal shower invitation. If there is a separate registry for the bridal shower, be sure that guests know the bridal shower registry is different from the wedding registry.
- To let guests know that lingerie is an acceptable gift to bring, include the bride’s sizes on the invitation.
- While it’s important to give guests time to mingle, you will also want to have a schedule of events planned so that the bride and guests don’t get too antsy.
- Include a game that will reward a few of the guests with a gift or consider putting together gift bags for guests.
- Do ask the bride for her opinion to see if there is anything that she really does or does not want to be included for the bridal shower.
As you can see, there is a lot that goes into planning a bridal shower. While you know that food is necessary, you don’t necessarily have to cook it yourself. In the world of wedding catering, caterers are often asked if they can cater the bridal shower in addition to the wedding. Most caterers have the perfect party menu that would work wonderfully for a bridal shower. When you call Word of Mouth Foods to ask about catering for a bridal shower, we would be happy to work with you to choose a menu that will work best for your event. You can also view our sample party menus which include hors d’oeuvres and table platters that would be ideal for a bridal shower. Contact us today to learn more!